LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhvi Dwivedi   31 March 2023

Query on witness

One of my acquaintance had dispute with his tenant and he filled case in court. Now he is asking me to come to court and support him if I refuse he is threatening me that if I don't appear in court on designated date court will issue summon to my place. Pls advise is he right and what are my options 

Learning

10 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 March 2023

If you are a witness in the case, the court automatically issues you a summon to attend the court on the designated date and you must attend the court.  Otherwise,  you may go or may not go with him.

Madhvi Dwivedi   31 March 2023

He asked me to sign an affidavit which I haven't done not sure how I become witness without signing any affidavit 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 April 2023

How can experts presume, consider, form opinion and oblige qua your role in the dispute ?

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for appreciation of facts and professional advise 

Madhvi Dwivedi   01 April 2023

I never signed affidavit to agree to be party to this and never been part of any of the court hearings so far suddenly I got a call asking to sign affidavit as witness be party to this that too after period of two years 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 April 2023

From whatever you have stated here it appears that you were  a disinterested well-wisher and the acquaintance is trying to get you involved. You have refused to sign the affidavit. Continue to refuse to sign any other document. If you receive summons from the court attend the court answer questions aked. Tell the court that you are no way connected with the case. 

Madhvi Dwivedi   01 April 2023

I am not involved party and affidavit he is pushing me to sign has incorrect statements like the property was rented out for spa purpose but used for illegal purposes etc how I can I sign something which I am not even aware of . I went 3 times to collect rent on owner behalf and they were respectful to me that too 10 yrs back after that what happened I am not aware. They already got property back from disputed tenant 5 year back not sure now what this affidavit or hearing they are talking about. I am only told we have made an affidavit for you as witness so come and sign it and testify whatever written in affidavit to court. Hearing is on 6th APR so they are pressuring me I guess so and telling court will summon you . Not sure but am I a criminal here or what 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 April 2023

Helping litigants is helping to Justice. The eCourts project also plays an important role in enabling Ease of Doing Business in the country through automation and technology enablement leading to generation of reports, and putting electronic case management tools in place for use by judges and lawyers to track the status of a given case (future hearings, deadlines, etc.), access court orders and decisions on a given case as well as automatic generation of a hearing schedule for all cases on the judge docket.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 April 2023

Nobody can tell you what you should do, it is your own judgment to do or not to do, and a master of your own actions. What is necessary is not who is right and who is wrong, but what you are going to do is right in the eye of law and your creator.

Heena dawar   06 April 2023

how come he makes you as witness? did you at anypoint of time shwoed your concern or said yes to appear as witness? No one  can force you to appear as Witness . Its on your choice and consent .

Madhvi Dwivedi   08 April 2023

He tried to o deliver some letter to me today thru trackon private courrier which got denied as I was not home . This is absolutely rubbish as I see because he messaged me I will get court notice since when court started using private courrier services 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register