Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashwani singh   10 January 2022

Query if after giving sale letter of scooter also not register such scooter in his name

Dear Sir/Madam,

My father gave as a gift his scooter to my maternal uncle, with letter of sale also so that he(Maternal Uncle) shall register the scooter in his name.

But after a lot of request he did not do so .  My father is in tension if something happens because of that scooter so his name will come as still that scooter in my father's name.

I request you kindly tell me the remedy?

If he sends a legal notice to him to do so will be legal remedy for my father?

Kindly let me know . 

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 January 2022

your father can surrender his registration certificate. Steps follows.

STEPS SHOWN IN DOCUMENT FOR RC SURRENDER SERVICE

1. Step 1: To avail the service,User has to Login on "vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahaneservice/"
  2. Step 2: On successfully login, Move your mouse over "Online Services" and select "RC Surrender".
  3. Step 3: Enter Registration Number, Chassis Number and Click on Generate OTP.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 January 2022

Mr. Rama chary has given you what to do.

ashwani singh   10 January 2022

Thank you sir I have created login in citizen user at NR services. But in online services i could not get RC Surrender option but got the following

Driving License Related Services

Check Post Tax Fancy Number Booking

NR Services

Paid NR Services, Homologation National Permit Authorization AITP Authorization

CNG Maker SLD Maker VLTD Maker PUCC Trade Certificate Vahan Green Sewa Vehicle Recall

Kindly let me know how to surrender it by selecting which option?

Thank you very much once again.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 January 2022

If you are not able to do things online give a public notice in a prominent newspaper stating all the relevant facts as you have stated here and that you will not be responsible for any accident, theft or other things that may happen related to the vehicle. If you so choose, you can consult a lawyer to draft the public notice and also to publish it on your behalf as his client. Send copies of the notice to the concerned RTO and the person to whom the vehicle was gifted by Registered Post AD as you will then get the benefits of Section 27 of the General Clauses Act.

ashwani singh   12 January 2022

Thank you very much sir. May God bless you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register