LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpit Attri   18 October 2021

Query For carrer getting after a road accident case

Today on the National Highway , I Was About to take a U Turn from The Divider section . I was Standing On the left side of the road and as the road was cleared at my back i begin to move my car suddenly a overspeeding biker rammed into My car in the front bumper. He was riding very fast on the wrong side. He was ok but his wife got injured. What Consequences can i face if they Fire an Fir against me And Thus This fir makes me ineligible for further government Jobs.

 7 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 October 2021

Didn't Police cone and investigate? Police shall after due enquiry do the needful of filing a case. Since you are not at fault, do not worry. Its not a case which will be held against you when you seek employment.

Arpit Attri   19 October 2021

Yes, Police Is Not Involved as Such And We Have Helped them in getting the treatment of the injured also but No Report Is Lodged . But At Last When We came back home, The Person Was Like now u are going but I'm left with my wife's condition for 2-3 months now. I'll See You All and Shittalk. Then We just Walked from The There .

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 October 2021

Don't worry and don't do anything.If at all,  Police should have been called without altering the position of the vehiclesv at the accident site. He cannot now go to Police station and file a complaint. They will ask thousands of questions and may not register complaint at this stage after everything is altered and after much time lapsed.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 October 2021

You ought to have filed a Police complaint.  If not done collect CCTV footage of that time under RTI or collect from a nearby stop and not reporting the accident is itself a crime.   Unless the copy of FIR is enclosed, you are not safe.  The copy of FIR gets you insurance for repairs and third-party compensation legally.  If you are not having insurance, even then you make a complaint.

Arpit Attri   19 October 2021

A Traffic Police Constable was Present at the spot who Took a photograph for there station to register the accident. But The Person was Trying to Terroize by saying that he'll file a court case against me For this. Can He file a case like that (any fake allegations).

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 October 2021

Let him file, and defend yourself.  It is his duty to file a complaint and that is not a threat.  You can not avoid actions of others.  If you are having insurance and are friendly with the victim, you need not care.  Unless you get a copy of the FIR you can not proceed with claims. .  It is the statement of the victim that is relevant.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 November 2021

Traffic offences, even if found or pleaded guilty, do not involve moral turptitude and hence, are no impediment for Government employment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query