LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     11 October 2009

quashing of 498a


myself and my wife have been  living separately for past 3 years .I am  a native of tamilnadu(Dist:A) and my wife is a native of kerala and she is now residing and working in tamilnadu (Dist:B) .I filed IDOP at district  A for retitution of conjugal rights.she had filed 5 pettition againist me at all womens police statiion (both at Dist-A&Dist-B).and a current paper at Commissioner office in Tamilnadu. (dist:B) where she is working.Igot anticipatory bail for all the petitions .Now the current paper is forwarded to social wellfare office at Dist-A. for enquiry for dowry harrassement andt hey reported as no grounds for 498a.Now she appealed to the highcourt for transfering the IDOP case from Dist-A to Dist -B.Meanwhile she filed a CMP in the court  at kerala which got forwarded to the concerned police station,wherer they filed FIR against me and arrested me  from Tamilnadu under section  498a&452.After enquiry they forced me to give jewels and money and gave a period of two months to settle the amount and jewels.Can  I quaqsh this petition? I have all the evidences to prove that ,this is a false case.


 21 Replies

Jamshed Bey (Lawyer & Legal Consultant +91 9810136627)     11 October 2009

IF What you have stated here is true and correct then you have a very good ground for quashing of the criminal complaint against you. Take help of some good ;lawyer.

1 Like

aatma   12 October 2009


If you contat forum you will get best comments. Also join SIF-Yahoo Group.

1 Like

Saifullah.C (Advocate,Chennai)     12 October 2009

Mr.Sankara pandian, Have you engaged a lawyer to defend  your case

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     12 October 2009

yes sir  but  he is not talking freely

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     12 October 2009

i have asked sif

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     12 October 2009

Does the FIR contains the allegation of harrassment at your wife's house at Kerala?

1 Like

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     12 October 2009

yes sir but on that day i was in madurai where iwent to meet my advocate for filing a counter for her transfer op


Your draft says that she is very much interested to have your earnings and property. Definitely you will win after a long battle.

1 Like

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     15 October 2009

thank you sir is there any way to finish this case with this grounds

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     15 October 2009

Didn't you try to convince the Investigating Officer about the alibi.

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     16 October 2009


when i entered my clinic i got arrested by police of kerala with out getting permission from tamilnadu boarder police.. in the police station, they tried to conduct a "katta panchayath" instead of enquiry. i think ,my wife and relatives bribed the police officers,.so they  were not ready to listen to me. i told them that i have all solid evidences with me.(but i couldnt prove that on the particular day  i was out of station. later only i found that  on that day i was in madurai for filing a  counter petition for her transfer op).

instead of enquiring  they asked me to give money and jewels to my wife.and handed over me to my advocate (friend).

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     16 October 2009

Engage a good lawyer and defend your case. You can prove your innocence before the court. Or you can approach the High Court for quashing the FIR if you have sufficient evidence to prove your part.


sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     17 October 2009

than you sir

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     21 October 2009

not yet they have bribed them if i go with this evidences he will arrest me he had already arrested me once from my clinic but he dint remand me instead threatened me to settle the amount and the jwells they ask for so we are planed to stay the proceedings first ant to talk with him and to quash the pettition at ernakulam high court can i proceed sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query