Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Quash of criminal appeal against acquittal at sessions court

A Criminal Appeal is pending in Sessions Court for the past 4 years. Criminal Appeal Case is against Acquittal in 498A , DP3 & 4. Can such a case be quashed?


no it can not be quashed.


Free legal advice and legal aid cell

If family dispute is solved, wife can withdraw the appeal by moving appropriate application in the appellate court.

Samarpan (free legal advice & aid cell - all India Lawyers Union -Delhi)

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Totally depends on thr grounds of quashing. As such if the same are a mutual settlement, then yes it can be quashed. An appeal is basically a continuation of the trial court case and hence can very much be quashed as a consequential proceeding to the FIR in context.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


Instructor @ Calcutta (

Dear Quest,


I appreciate that you fought well and got acquittal from trial court. This appeal has been filed and prolongating by opponent intentionally to harass so that you can come for mutual and pay money to these wrong doers.


I hope you don’t believe on such things and hence you fought well in the trial court and got acquital. Please apply for Speedy proceedings writ petition of against this appeal in the High Court under with Article 227 read with Article 21 of Indian Constitution.


Sample petitions and other clues are given below.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x