IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay   26 January 2022

Purchasing sc granted land

Person A has 7 sons and one daughter. Person A who belongs to SC community got 5 acres land granted from government of Karnataka in 1977. Person A expired in 2000. In 2011, all 7 sons and 1 daughter decided together and got pavathi khata in the name of elder son of A. Later in the same year, elder son of A sold 5 acre land to another person B from SC community taking permission from all sons, wife and daughter of A. Now can I buy land from B? While selling elder son of A has not taken permission from government. How to purchase this land?


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2022

Local laws apply to such land.

Generally such alloted land can not be sold.

It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 January 2022

Any suggestions depends upon locally prevailing laws as to such assignment and also, the conditions of the original grant.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 January 2022

before purchasing the granted to SC , you have to take the permission from the Asst., Commissioner, but the granted land cannot be sold by the person in whose name it is granted because it amounts to property is granted to family

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query