Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shreya Saxena (Student at Faculty of Law Banasthali Vidyapith Rajasthan.)     28 April 2020

Public nuisance

Can I file a case of Public Nuisance or any other legal claim upon a family living in my society for dumping the garbage out of their house, they do it just outside other people's houses. They also burn the garbage at times which results in pollution.


 5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 April 2020

You can file complaint in your Muncipality,and  meanwhile issue a legal notice to your neighbour. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 April 2020

Yes, the local body (Municipality/Panchayat) have the power and authority to issue directions and implement them. As other people are involved, a united stand is the best approach.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 April 2020

Apart from the procedure told by the experts above, I directly come to your query.


Yes, you can file a petition under section 133 of Criminal Procedure Code against the accused before the local Sub-Divisional magistrate. This is very short procedure to get the desired results of removal of public nuisance.

1 Like

Shreya Saxena (Student at Faculty of Law Banasthali Vidyapith Rajasthan.)     01 May 2020

Thank You all for your assistance. 

Varun Singh Kalra   17 May 2020

Hello Shreya, 

Your query has been answered by Advocate Vaibhav Kalra in this youtube video - from  -  1.19.40 - 1.20.56

LAWyersClubIndia is coming with many more such Quick Query Resolution sessions for the querists looking for legal advice!

Hope you find this useful!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register