LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet (N/A)     14 August 2013

Provoke for suicide?

Hi guys, my sister(age 24) had been having a love-affair with a boy(age 28) in our colony for the past 8-9 years. The boy doesn't seem to be serious about life and he is of different caste, so mine and his family were not accepting the marriage proposal. My sister has now realised that the boy is not appropriate to marry and wants to part ways with him now.

Problem is, the boy is harassing her now. He threatens that if she denies to marry, he'll commit suicide and frame our family. The boy's family doesn't seem to be supportive with us on this matter.

Will we have to face any case if the boy commits suicide? What can be done? Since its a matter of same colony, we don't want much trouble created. Someone kindly help and suggest what to do.

Thanks in advance

Learning

4 Replies

fightingfalsecase (sw)     15 August 2013

Dear Puneet, Please do not only think about fame / defame, legal / illegal or other materialistic angles. Please think that the boy is just not being able to think of himself without your sister. Break ups are always painful. And more over if it's only because of the difference in CASTE, then within yourself please ask that what was his role in taking birth in a different CASTE. If the guy is good and if you think that he will be with your sister and love her forever, then yaar caste ko mariye goli. However, with due respect to both the families, at all if this is not possible to take forward then please communicate more and more in a compassionate way to the boy. His dreams of living life with your sister is getting shattered, he needs matured person too , as a elder brother who can make him understand and accept the fact of MOVING ON. Please put yourself in his shoes, you'll understand what to do and how to do.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 August 2013

Immediately your sister has to file a police comoplaint against that boy  

Puneet (N/A)     15 August 2013

@fightingfalsecase Thanks for the suggestions and I understand your views. But my sister doest NOT want to marry that guy. Its as simple as that, what has caste to do with this? Why is he harassing and forcing her now?

Puneet (N/A)     15 August 2013

@adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) Thanks for the valuable suggestion sir, my father is going to the SSP office to give a "tahreer". Is that different to file a police complaint? Kindly enlighten me with your views sir as I don't know much about legal terms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register