Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cipher   23 May 2023

Property with registered sale deed on minor

Sir my father as a legal guardian had purchased a residential plot with proper registered sale deed when i was minor at that time.

This purchase he did it for my future studied if it required.

My father expired 30 years back. I have 4 elder brothers 2 elder. sisters alive. We have one more residential building registered under my mother's name and she also expired 27 years back. Now my brothers and sisters want to distribute the property registered under my mother's name and also under my name. Can they all claim share in my property as well please suggest.

I am practicing muslim.


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 May 2023

The property registered on your name shall be your own and absolute property especially it has come to your possession after you have become major by age.

In that your siblings cannot claim any share as a right.

The property which is lying on your deceased mother's name devolves equally on all her legal heirs, hence you are entitled to a share in that property too.


1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 May 2023

What is relevance of the term "Under guardianship"?

I agree with the opinion of expert Mr. T kalaiselvan.

The property purchased in your name is exclusively your own, no one can have share in it.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register