Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harpreet Singh (Engineer)     22 October 2013

Property with no legal heir and no owner alive

Hello,

There is a property in my area which belongs to a mentally challanged person and she would have died because the property is closed since 10 years. Also there is no one from her family came to claim the property.

In such cases if we wish to buy such property which is lying unclaimed then what steps should we follow to check

1. If there are legal heirs for that property

2. If there are no legal heirs then can we buy such property, if yes then what is the procedure

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Jairaj (Partner)     23 October 2013

If my understanding is correct all such unclaimed properties which has no successor whatsoever eventually vest with the government.

Considering the frivolous litigation concerning immovable properties these days, I would advise you to stay away from such property as it invites such frivolous litigation.

Ascertaining legal heirs by third parties is almost impossible as you would have to first convince the authorities who prepare and issue family trees.

Anyway, its just my advice and opinion, but your call.

1 Like

Dibakar Ray (Advocate.)     26 October 2013

Any property without any legal owner will be in the trusteeship of the District Judge of that District.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     27 October 2013

Unclaimed aimed property vested to the collector of the district it becomes govt property and disposed away by rules.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register