LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymouss (others)     10 April 2023

Property tax payment

I have a house registered under my name , now recently my brother in law is has made an online payment towards property tax 1200 .00 by UPI mode of payment  , I noticed it recently because every year i make the payment by going to office in person and paying  , 

this year when i went , the GHMC  office to make the payment for the financial year 2023 , they said the payment is already made online ,i was shocked

though the property tax is coming on my name every year as the Mutation was done , what is his motive in doing so , wat precautions can i take, and will it affect me , and can i file a fraud case on him for doing so , as  he is doing it without my knowledge 

I have never authorized him to make the payment, nor have i written any letter or submitted any kind of form in which he is authorized, 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2023

You can ask him the reason for making the tax payment and transfer this amount to him by bank transfer or UPI account and secure the details.

Besides, you may issue a notice to the authority concerned to not to accept the tax payment from anyone other than you since you suspect some foul play to grab your property and also not to issue tax paid receipts on anyone name other than you.

You can keep this record also properly secured so that it may come to your rescue when necessity arises.

Anonymouss (others)     10 April 2023

thank you sir for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register