LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRINIVASAN (professional)     06 February 2012

Property share for women heirs in hindu joint family

Is it true that women heirs of Hindu Undivide joint family , can get only 60% of property during partition

Learning

7 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     06 February 2012

No - not true they are entitled to equal shares as the sons

Nagendran (SEO)     06 February 2012

Hi Bharat,

I need an information about my mother's share in my grandfathers {her father's} property. Below are the details

1. My mom is the eldest of 4 sisters and 4 brothers of which 2 of her sisters are diseased.

2. My mom's brothers (my maternal uncles) are refusing to give a share.

3. The land which my mom is seeking the share is completely owned by her father.

4. We live in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.

We are not completely sure if my mom will get her share or not. I would be of greatful to you if could share your view and for your advice.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Nagendran

SRINIVASAN (professional)     06 February 2012

Hi Bharat,

Thnx Bharat for ur information,coming to my case

my mother has 5 elder brothers & 1 younger sister, we belong to Hindu joint family, our case is in court for partition, her brothers say that they gave deeds during marriage,but it is not true & we dont have any proof to claim it false, do we get equal share, plz help

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     07 February 2012

@Nagendra,

your mother is entitled to1/8 share of her father's property.

@Srinivasan,

Your mother is entitled to1/7 share of her father's property.

Nagendran (SEO)     07 February 2012

Thanks a lot for your reply Chaitanya,

Also please let me know. Are there any exceptions under which she won't be entitled to recieve the share. Like my parents were married in 1969, is there any problem with that??

Excuse me for my knowledge is very minimal about the legal matters.

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     08 February 2012

You mother would have not got share if partition of land was done among her brothers before 2005,i.e. passing of the act,which has not happened in your case.

SRINIVASAN (professional)     09 February 2012

Chaitanya ur information was very useful, thnk u very much. i have a query in interstate variability regarding partion & share to women heirs, how far is that true..??

waiting for ur reply..!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register