Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

confidential (hidden)     30 May 2014

Property share

hi i am married last monthl and now we r staying apart 

she is a master degree holder and used to work till 2012, i am having her experience letters with me,

i am having a house on my name, can she claim right on that when we did not have any physical relation and staying apart from the start.

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     30 May 2014

She cannot claim any share in your property but she can claim residence order u/s 19 dv act .

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     30 May 2014

Apart from her rights on you, your mitigating factors, better try to save the relationship.  It is not so easy to face the legal cases that might be thrashed upon you.  What is the real problem?  What the parents of both the parties are doing?  It is unfortunate to think about alimony, rights over property within a month of marriage.  I sincerely advise you to maintain rapo even there are genuine problems for you.  Facing the cases, getting divorce, giving alimony for the life time and preparing for second marriage with a stigma on your face is not so easy to overcome in the time. 

confidential (hidden)     30 May 2014

the girl i married last month is a divorce (she said she never went to court for divorce in first marriage) now she is behaving so rude and even her parents are supporting her and when my parents asked them that we want to sit and talk to resolve the issues they are not helpful and behaving so rude(we just want to explain that their daughter i treating with sucide and said that she dont care about me if i dont listen to her coz she is very much concenred about her and she will look after her good and if she dont feel rite then she will go any extremes if any thing goes in this marriage hardly we been togethar for 6 days and nothing happened between us) now i am scared of living with her i dont know what happened in her first marriage, and she is behaving like this what if something goes wrong then every one will blame me so what are the ways to convey to her parents that she said all these words and if they dont listen i dont have any proofs that she said these words to me i am really scared if i go for divorce can i use her 1st divorce its an exparte given to her husband and use the points mentioned in that divorce and if i have to pay maintainence how much i have to pay i am earning 50000rs and paying 25000 as interest for my marriage expenses now can some one suggest me plz...

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     30 May 2014

take premptive actions NOW if you think otherwise. Immediately transfer/gift to your mother's name and stay in a rented accomodation.Meanwhile sweet talk the lady every day to know about her intentions... recording all the way. 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 May 2014

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     30 May 2014

Whether her first marriage divorce is legal divorce or not.  You have to do some spade work.  If she has not taken divorce and again married you, your marriage is null and void and you can a file petition in court to declare the marriage is void.  It is not difficult to know the previous history of the girl.  Get into touch with known people, who will help you.  There is no wrong even if you meet her divorced husband to gather facts and papers relating to the first divorce which will be handy for you to handle the case.  Are there no common relatives?  Take their assistance.  Gather the evidence first before consulting an advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register