Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Charlie (consultant)     02 July 2014

Property- seller refused to accept advance

Dear All,

we have 1 acre agreculture land near chennai in the name of my father. One purchaser was interested in that land. After the final deal we agreed to sell that land to him. we accepted 1 lac rupees as token advance. In return on a small white sheet that read " Accepted Rs 100000 as advance for the property located in XXXXXXX for yyyy amount. purchaser has to settle full amount within 15 days and register the land"  I Put my initials (not my usual sign). now it is almost 9 months now and the seller is not responding and not even accepting his advance back.  As he is  a political influenced person, I am afraid of consequences that may arise in future. Is there any solution for this issue? Can I send him legal notice to accept his advance back? FYI  my father did not signed at all on any document.  Request your kind advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Charlie.

Learning

3 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     02 July 2014

You better to take a Demand Draft in his favour and send it by Registered Post with acknowledge Due, with a covering letter stating that   "I am returning back your advanced amount, since you have failed to go further as agreed,  and hence the transaction is hereby cancelled.

Charlie (consultant)     02 July 2014

Sorry there is an error in posting. it should be "Buyer refused to accept advance"

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2014

You may send the DD to the buyer as suggested, in case he returns it, you may create proper evidence of all these and proceed with the sale of property to a third person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register