Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GD (NA)     08 January 2012

Property rights for daughter - karnataka

Hi,

My father-in-law was retired and got property allocation by his company during retirement. My wife is elder daughter to him and he also has one son. Now his son is demanding that he is the only person to get the property allocated property and he is strictly saying that my wife is not having share in that property. Both my in-laws are alive and are afraid on taking decision to consider my wife to consider her to share the property. And they do not how to decide on this issue. We are living in Karnataka, please input how to handle this situation.

Note:

1. Son is just completed collage and started working. Till date he has not contributed on monitory front to his partnes.

2. Property is vacant site and not occupied

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Laasya Priya (Student)     08 January 2012

Hello,

As per the details provided by you.  It is clear that the property acquired by your in-law is his retirement benefit.  It signifies that it is the Self-acquired property of your father-in-law.  So your father-in-law possess absolute rights over that property.  He may act according to his wish.  son and daughter did not possess any right to claim that property during the life time of your father-in-law.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register