LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul abhishek   07 October 2020

property rights

I have completed my house 2 months ago, in front of my place there is other people property, there is a government road which is 2 feet away from my land.
I have to get permission for my permanent route for my house what can I do?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 October 2020

Without making arrangements for an independent and direct entry. constructing a house and then seeking guidance is not correct.  You have not informed as to whether you have obtained permission/approval for such construction from a competent authority or not.  It is also not clear as to the confidence you are having for such an independent way before taking up construction.  Purchasing a way from the other property or searching for any such way used for several years in the past in local authority's survey map and then claiming such easement right is the only way.

Contact a local advocate if there are any other legal ways.   

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 October 2020

The facts posted lack clarity. If the public road just two feet away, how is it that there is some property in between.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 October 2020

You have already stated to have constructed your house, what is necessity of seeking opinion and advise for a public road at this stage, which should have been taken before start of construction work.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register