Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

poly ghosh   26 February 2023

property right - reg.

Respected Sir/Madam

My grandfather purchased a piece of cultivable land on 1957 and registered the same in my father's name when my father was 5 years old. My grandfather died subsequently.
Now other brothers (2 younger) of my father are claiming rights of that property stating that it was once purchsed by their father.

Kindly advise :-

Whether my father has full legal right on that property, which was once registered by my G-father only in his name OR he need to share legally with his other brother as per rule.

Regards,
P Ghosh

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 February 2023

Your father is aboslute owner (no one else) of the land purchased in his favour / name by his father.

poly ghosh   27 February 2023

thank u sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 February 2023

If your father's siblings are filing any case asking for a share in the property and the possession and enjoyment of the property is with your father alone, then he can very well reject their claim and challenge the same properly as per law.

He becomes the absolute owner of the property by the virtue of the registered sale deed on his name, also his sioblings never questioned his authority over the property all these years, hence their claim may not be maintainable at this stage.

poly ghosh   27 February 2023

Respected Vashista Sir/Madam - Please enlighten us that by virtue of which rule/section, it covers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register