LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manali Bhalerao (Practicing Advocate)     09 November 2021

Property related question

Hello my friend want to sale her property. But she lives in USA and property located in Maharashtra.She dealed with one customer orally.She is coming all down to Maharashtra for Sale deed but 

How can she be insured that customer will do as per whatever decided orally?

Is there any law remedy that after registered sale deex customer will make any fraud?

If customer not paid full amount as per decided then any remedy?

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 November 2021

An agreement to sell with a definite date of registration on making full payment can be incorporated in the agreement. .  A forfeiture clause in case full amount is not paid may also help, and the seller may insist for the post-dated cheque to be handed over to her agent as a precaution.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 November 2021

You did not mention any facts or your queries are vague as you asked:

How can she be insured that customer will do as per whatever decided orally?

She (your friend vendor) may not get the documents of sale registered. 

Is there any law remedy that after registered sale deex customer will make any fraud?

Redraft your question.

If customer not paid full amount as per decided then any remedy?

The terms and conditions of agreement to sell have not been honoured, vendor may cancel it or file for specific relief. However, when vendee did not pay full amount the vendor shall not get the document registered and handover possession of subject property.  

Ramesh Sharma   11 November 2021

sir , I want to sell my property , they want the photostate my property documents ...is it o.k.? can I give the photostate of my property documents ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 November 2021

Mr.Ramesh Sharma,

You have to open a new post for your issue for the guidance of members, and should not intrude into others' posts. There is no harm in giving a xerox copy of the title deed and you have to write on each and every page in a conspicuous place as follows: Xerox copy provided on.................to Shri .................for the purpose of verification of title. To be returned after verification.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 November 2021

You have asked another question, "I want to sell my property , they want the photostate my property documents ...is it o.k.? can I give the photostate of my property documents"

Untill the vendee gets title verified and satisfied s/he will never purchase the property, for that you will have to provide photocopy (duly cancelled by crossing) of title document. Answer is affirmative.

kashan ansari   13 November 2021

hello sir or mam

Gopalakrishnan Naduvathery   15 November 2021

Good Morning. Today shifting of location for any reason has become inevitable. Often, the land-lords incorporate a condition that the tenant should not have adhaar card, voter ID, address proof including passport address. When a person is taking a premise in rent, it must be including his identity documents. Two documents are compulsarily to be given as per banking law. So is it not the right of the tenant to update the address as per his choice. Deprivation will put the tenant into various issues. Please clarify the position as per law. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register