LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anthony lawrence   13 January 2022

Property query

I am the only daughter, my father wants to transfer his sra flat under my name and the flat is more than 12 years old. how can i transfer flat

 1 Replies

Megha   16 January 2022


As per the provisions of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882, a minor can accept an immovable property as a gift.  This is one of the most popular way of transferring a property in favor of minor child.  Or you may draw out a will favouring the flat in your daughter's name which will be bequeathed to her upon majority or at the time of your death, whicever is later.

For the transfer, you may approach the nearest SRA office having territorial jurisdiction and check the requirements.

Best regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query