Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soundar (Business)     31 January 2013

Property original documents lost(taken by elder brother)

Hi,

When we were joint family, my elder brother was managing all agricultural lands.

Original documents are taken from my dad and not willing to give it back to my father and wants to take the lands to his posession.

But dad wants to register it on other son's name, we dont know what we can do without original document.

After reading all the useful information in this forum i understand i need to do the following steps.

1. Log a police complaint regarding the lost property documents(considering its lost).

3. Publish notice in public newspaper.

2. Get the certified document from Registrar office. 

Once my dad get the certified document, he wants to execute another registration on other son's name. 

My doubts:

1. Can my brother able misuse using the original documents?

2. After seeing the public Notice, does he oppose anything? how valid it is?

Please help me, Any suggession much appreciated.

Thanks,

Soundar

Learning

2 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     31 January 2013

It it is a self acquired property of ur father you can get certified copies and proceed.If the documents r of ur fathers name he cannot sabotage.no need of public notice.if it inherited unsecstral property ur share is intact.

Soundar (Business)     31 January 2013

Dear Bhagwat paril,

Thanks for your reply.

You have mentioned "Public Notice" not required, thats really reducing one step in the process.

Does Police Complaint is still really required? My father is aged person and afraid to go to Police station even just to give a complaint for lost property, because he worried about, local people nearby police station, who are known to my brother.

Thanks,

Soundar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register