LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam (LAW STUDENT)     07 June 2008

Property Mixture!

I have one cousin sister named X & we r hindus!
She's being accompanied by her mother, father, an older sister & younger sister!
Older sister is married to muslim.
Younger sister just cleared 12th. Her Mum is housewife. X's younger sister & older sister didn't talk with their dad coz of their mother!
So my cousin's father wants to transfer all the property(meaning everything) to my cousin sister X. Is it possible?! Please help regarding procedure!


 3 Replies

amit gupta_lawyer (lawyer)     08 June 2008

if her father had a self earned property then he is entitled to gave that to any one he like. and if that so then he can do it by writing will in favour of x and get that will registered.

Sam (LAW STUDENT)     08 June 2008

Thanks sir! U know this law studies are crampy & i don't know how to help her, so should we approach to a lawyer?? We live here in Pune & hw abt lawyer cost?

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     10 June 2008

If the property has been acquired by X's father in his own, he can certainly give it to X.If it is in the name of somebody else,he can not. If the property is ancestral,he can transfer his share.Do not take recourse of WILL as after death of her father, X will have to file a probate case against her mother and sisters who will certainly oppose her. GIFT or SALE would be better to avoid future complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register