LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manju venkatesh (customer care officer)     24 January 2021

Property issue

Hi, we have a residential site in Bangalore (30/40), which is registered under my father's name. My father has passed away two years ago. Now I'm planning to sell the property. We are a family of six, a son and five daughters. I wanted to how the sharing would be for all six. Also wanted to the procedures to be followed before going to sell.

Learning

6 Replies

Rahul Soi   24 January 2021

1/6 share for each member. if your mother is alive then 1 share fr her also
then it will be 1/7

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 January 2021

You along with your mother and sisters have an equal  share in the property. Now if you want to sell the property you need to get signatures of all of shareholders on the sale deed and they should also appear in the court and then you can divide the money equally. This possible only if your mother n sisters are willing to sell the property.

Otherwise get the property divided and partitioned and then see if you can sell your part.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     25 January 2021

Hello,

For your father, you, your mother, and your sisters are the legal heirs. The property will be divided equally between all the legal heirs. Before selling the flat you will have to get a legal heirship certificate from the court. For selling the flat, the signature and presence of all the legal heirs required. 

manju venkatesh (customer care officer)     25 January 2021

Thank you so much. That's very helpful. These answers all my questions. 

Manju Venkatesh   01 February 2021

Hi, thank you so much for your response. That was helpful. Now I have another question. On the property agreement, it says "you (my father) along with your son and grandson can enjoy the property. I'm his only son with five sisters. Does this statement mean that I'm the only heir to this property in absense of my father. 

manju venkatesh (customer care officer)     02 February 2021

Hi, thank you so much for your response. That was helpful. Now I have another question. On the property agreement, it says "you (my father) along with your son and grandson can enjoy the property. I'm his only son with five sisters. Does this statement mean that I'm the only heir to this property in absense of my father. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register