LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj kumar (Studying)     15 October 2020

property issue

I live in a small village and I am a farmer,myself and my brother jointly own a property of 10 acres given by dad when he was alive,having a share of 5 acres each ,In 2008 my brother sold me 3 acres out of his share of land.
The deal was I will pay full amount to him immediately and he will immediately give me the land to cultivate and then later on ,when our partition will take place he will not claim that 3 acres of land and will take only rest of the 2 acres of his share.therefore I didn't went for any registered agreement or sale deed.

Unfortunately my brother passed away in 2009,and now his immediate family(meaning wife and his children) doesn't want to transfer that land in my name.

The knowers of that deal were my uncle ,my mother and my sister,her husband.and from 2008 that 3 acres is in my possession.

So what should I do now ,is there any way for me ,my lot of money is invested in that deal and now I am not getting even the land

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 October 2020

It is a family matter and so tries amicably with your relatives, friends, and well-wishers.  If not settled file a case with proofs by consulting a local advocate.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 October 2020

For some complicated issues, a local advocate is the Best guide.   Mutation, treating the property, witness, etc also play a strong role.   Never give up possession, keep such mutation in your name undisturbed and when they approach the court, tell about the oral partition.   All these facts must be explained to local advocates.  When compared with the risk of 3 acres for simple negligence, you have to pay a professional price.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 October 2020

"I am a farmer,myself and my brother jointly own a property of 10 acres given by dad" - How you and your brother are the joint owners and how was the property transferred by the father?

Pankaj kumar (Studying)     16 October 2020

property is in the name of both brothers I.e we are co owners and it was transferred by mutation in revenue records as my father kept one share and transferred rest in our name

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 October 2020

A hypothetical and fabricated story concocted by a student.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 October 2020

Transfer in revenue record does not create title. Title continues with your father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register