Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu P Sopanam   29 March 2020

property fencing

Dear Sir

my father purchased 10.25 cents of land.in Cherthala in 1999.Father passed away in 2002.I have given application for measurement of land in Taluk office.I wish to know whether the survey stone laid by taluk office is binding.if any person prohibits us for fencing the property what are the legal steps to be taken

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 March 2020

The proper way for fencing is to apply for Survey to Tehsildar and on payment of prescribed fee, the designated Surveyor makes a survey of that land.  In case of law and order situation, an application can be made to Tehsildar for providing such security for Surveyor and for fencing, for boundary stones and some other needs.  When the surveyor visits for a survey, it is mandatory that a notice must be given to all neighboring owners (as stated in Boundary)

Vishnu P Sopanam   30 March 2020

I have paid the chellan amount for the same.if any dispute arises after the survey what should be done

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 March 2020

Both the seller and purchaser should personally attend the work and if there is difference, it should be sorted out amicably by proportionately reducing the consideration paid, and if others trespassed, as they are also present, they can not object for the survey stone as per physical verification by neutral party namely the designated surveyor of Government.  If you anticipate any law and order problem, complain in writing so that surveyor can come with police protection and the survey will be done during their presence.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 March 2020

The facts posted suggest that there are deeper issues. Please post all the material facts avoiding subjective opinions.

Vishnu P Sopanam   30 March 2020

there is a 4 metre private way after my property.a person claimed that 4 metre and a portion of my land is private way.so dispute arise and I paid chellan amount for Measurement of land .

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 March 2020

It appears you are unwilling to post material facts. It is impossible to give any meaninful suggestion so long as you are willing to share the complete information.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2020

If there is an objection by the neighbors against the survey of your property and subsequent fencing, you may file a suit for declaration of your title on the basis of the registered titled deed in your possession.

The court will conduct an inquiry through advocate commissioner with the help of the village revenue officer and the government surveyor  and then pass orders as per law.

Vishnu P Sopanam   06 April 2020

venu sir can you call me on 9567410455.i can visit you since I am residing near to you

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 April 2020

My e-mail as well mobile number is listed in profile. I am presently in Delhi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register