LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hrushi Sirupa   27 February 2019

Property Distribution to Daughters

I am Andhra Pradesh. my grand father died on 2003, he didn't written any will. He has wife , two sons&3 daughters. The property is Ancestral . Some quarrel happen two sons and mother. Now Daughters also asking equal shares. they sent the court notice against us, so Can u please give suggestion or advice how to share property?
whether daughters also get share?

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   27 February 2019

The property is ancestral and Ur grand father has deceased in 2003i.e before 2005.so his daughters have no equal rights or equal share first it is divided betn father &sons they each get 1/3.then afterwards Ur grandfather share 1/3isagain dividedbetn his sons wife and daughter s equally.i.e1/3*1/6=1/18.so each sons get share1/3+1/18=7/18anddaughtersand wife each gets1/18.u contact local advocate . And clarify.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 February 2019

When you have received a notice, you have to necessarily contact an advocate and respond and your reply also becomes a key document in the case.  Daughters are having right for equal share since 1956, if the property is self acquired by their father.  If the property is ancestral then it becomes an issue and as he has expired in 2003 prior to the stipulation of eligibilityof daughters in father's ancestaral property, you can contact a local advocate and discuss the issue and respond to the notice in a suitable way.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     27 February 2019

Agreed on the view of Shashi Dhara

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register