LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratap pratap (Student)     13 April 2022

Property dispute

Hi,we are going to request a rti for my land dispute.actually we are from andhra pradesh.we buyed a property in 2017 but some people around the site are saying that is park place or open space and vuda layout ,we want to know the complete details of the to request rti,please suggest me with proper guidance along with sample format,how to file rti ?


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 April 2022

There is an app called Landsdoctor. app for your querry. Go to your land property and send the property location through the said app. You will know the details of land to whom it is belongs. 

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     13 April 2022

Dear Mr Pratap, 


The RTI will not yield any fruits. Do this instead. You have mentioned that you bought property in 2017 that means you have the purchase documents for the said property. Apply for demarcation of your property. Once the revenue officer demarcates your land, you ll know exactly the boundaries of your land. The further action would be after that. 



Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh


Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 April 2022

Please ask the buyer for a copy of the layout approval from the competent authority and pay such surveyor charges requesting them to locate the plot.  You can file RTI Application to that development authority or jurisdictional Municipality or corporation and can seek a copy of the layout plan by providing survey no, your plot no.  You have to provide the exact location for meaning full guidance.  (The seller has to get the layout approved mentioning such plot numbers and sites allocated for public amenities like roads, schools, and parks, etc.  Some unscrupulous vendors after such layout approval find gullible purchasers and sell those sites allocated for a public utility which amounts to cheating and a criminal offense) 

Supinder Singh   13 April 2022

Instead of filing an RTI, a better option is that you can visit this website of AP government and check the Land Records - Meebhoomi::Search Adangal (

Apart from this, you can visit the local revenue office (under whose jurisdiction the property falls). Over there, you can meet the Patwari and discuss about the status of the land you have bought.

But, if you really want to file a RTI, then you can find a template here - How to draft an effective RTI in India? (

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 April 2022

Wh are these "some people"? Anyhow, these aspects could be ascertained from the layout/master plan which is in the public domain.

Pratap pratap (Student)     13 April 2022

Lands doctor web is available but app is not available ? Can u please share the link of the app?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register