LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Manager)     21 January 2021

Property dispute

Sir, I have constructed a house in a land own by my father. Now my father wants to gift the whole property to my brother. I raise objection against such cheating by them. But they are adamant. What step can I take now ?

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     21 January 2021

That is really a problem, legally theland woned by father and whatever constrcuted on land is deemed to be his own constructed. 

Any way if you evidances you can file suit .

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     21 January 2021

Yes, if you have proofs regarding the money invested by you for construction of said house, you may file suit for recovery of money along with a petition for attachment before judgment or for restraining him to transfer the said house to anyone against your father.

Kevin Moses Paul   21 January 2021

The situation embarks Cheat. The land is owned by your father however, you've constructed a house on it.

So initially, you should have evidence of all the expenses that were incurred by you in construction of the house, such that even if the property is registered/gifted to your brother, you should be able to compensate all the capital investment in the construction.

Doing this will allow not only save you from cheat but will also help to retrieve back the money that spent on the house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register