LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja rongala   11 June 2023


A person died intisate, having legitimate wife and 2 married daughters only , grand children's are blessed, but one daughter settled in US with US citizenship,. another one in India. can grandsons at US or india,can entitled to claim grandfather"s self acquired property as per HS act 1956


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2023

No they are not entitled to claim any share in their grandfather's self acquired property, they can claim a share out of their parents' property but that too  only after the lifetime of their parents.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     11 June 2023

Yes, grand children can't  claim any share/rights in their grandfather's self acquired property during the lifetime of their mother.

raja rongala   11 June 2023

under which section of CPC

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 June 2023

To know about the particular provision of law governing this situation, you may read the entire civil procedure code or the relevant succession act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register