LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gunjan vij   12 April 2021

property

property is in the name of my grandfather he had 2 sons both are expired. Property papers are with cousin brother . He has 3 daughters and my real brother has only son. If we do not transfer the property in my brother's and cousin's name than property is divided among 1 son and 3 daughters equally (25%)or half property(50%) to 1 son and half (50 %)to 3 daughters .

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 April 2021

How the paper goes in the hands of Cousin brother ? What is your role?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 April 2021

The grandfather's children and his wife are entitled to equal shares.  Merely because someone in the co-sharer is having title deeds, he can not become the absolute owner and he is a Trustee for him and for all others.  The possession is for all the undivided members in the family. . There are several aspects to be considered and established like possession, mutation records, tax paid receipts, the fact that the property was not divided into metes and bounds etc.  Contact a local advocate, discuss the facts, show those documents required and get a notice issued to the co-sharer.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 April 2021

The property shall be divided equally between the Legal heirs of both the  ( Expired)  sons, just file for partition

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     14 April 2021

Get surviving membership certificate from area sub-division magistrate for inheritance of property left by deceased.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register