LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakesh (proprietor)     24 July 2020

Property

sir, flat is in my mother name,was originally bought by my father.3 yrs back builder has redevelop the building.as my mother dont stay here i did all the interior with my money.now she is selling the flat,she is not interested in returning my money.how can i demand legally the interior money i spend.i have all records.pls guide.how can i stop her from selling the flat.3 yrs back i have done the registration process of flat with the builder.i pay all the expenses regarding the flat.pls guide

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 July 2020

You said the flat is in your mother's name.   But your father purchased the flat.  Then how is it in your mother's name?  who is paying Municipal tax?  Is your housing society  transfer your mother name?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 July 2020

Details are inadequate as there is no mention of Father's claim on the property, who is at present enjoying the property, at whose instance the repairs were done, who is enjoying the property etc.   Contact a local advocate for exploring possibilities if any (though remote).

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 July 2020

If the father had bought the flat, how is it in mother's name? Had she any source of income?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 July 2020

If the flat is inherited by your mother you have a share with your mother and other siblings in it left intestate by your father

Presumption and assumption may lead to form an inappropriate opinion, hence post all facts otherwise, consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceedings.

Expenditure incurred for interiors of the flat can not be claimed/ recovered.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register