Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swapnil Dev   15 March 2023

Process to register hindu marriage in india while marrying a bangladesh citizen

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen(Hindu) by birth. I am planning to marry a Hindu girl who is currently a citizen of Bangladesh. We are planning to register our marriage in India. Could you please guide me on the following queries regarding the same?

1. What is the process to be followed for registering our Hindu marriage in India?

2. What documents are needed from both boy as well as girl for registering our marriage in India?

3. Will she be eligible to work in India after the marriage is registered?

4. Will she be granted Indian citizenship after the marriage? If not what is the process for the same?

5. If she is not granted Indian citizenship, how can she continue staying with me in India?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 March 2023

At present there is no uniform marriage law that exists in India. Some of the states in the Indian Union have enacted legislations to make marriage registration compulsory;

Documents, Formalities, and Certifications needed

1. Birth certificates (for age proof)
  2. A valid visa of more than thirty days for the foreign national.
  3. Both parties sign a single-status affidavit. ...
  4. Address proof and passport-size photographs.
  5. Adequate documentary evidence of 30-day residence in India.
  6. The parties to the intended marriage have to give a notice to the marriage officer in whose jurisdiction at least one of the parties has to reside for not less than 30 days prior to the date of notice. This notice will be displayed in the notice board of the Sub-Registrar office. After the expiry of one month if no objections are received, declarations by the bride and bridegroom shall be filed. Then the marriage will be solemnized.

Pranesh Nair   13 June 2023

Process to register marriage in india while marrying a bangladesh citizen

Hi, I am an Indian citizen(Hindu) by birth. I am planning to marry a Muslim girl who is currently a citizen of Bangladesh. We are planning to register our marriage in India. Could you please guide me on the following queries regarding the same?

1. What is the process to be followed for registering our marriage in India?

2. What documents are needed from both boy as well as girl for registering our marriage in India?

3. Will she be eligible to work in India after the marriage is registered?

4. Will she be granted Indian citizenship after the marriage?If not what is the process for the same?

5. If she is not granted Indian citizenship, how can she continue staying with me in India?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register