Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshmi   29 May 2023

Process of transferring property


I am from Hyderabad, Telangana and I wanted to learn about the correct process of transferring property outside of Registration. Like a Gift Deed, Partition Deed. 

I along with my dad build a house and registered it with my Mom's Name and myself. I lost my mom last year. To future-proof any sale of the house and reduce any hassle in the legal process of selling the home, I want to see if the house can be transferred to me, by my Dad and my Sister as I took out the majority of the loan myself. Both of them are willing to give it as a Gift Deed or a Partition deed. I reached out to a couple of Lawyers as well but didn't get the right details. 

Thanks for the guidance in advance, looking for genuine legal advice. 


 2 Replies

Vijayalakshmi VS Advocate   29 May 2023

they can give their rights in the way of release deed

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 May 2023

You want to sell the property now? If yes then all of the Legal heirs can sign the sale deed,

But if you want title of the property then let your sister and father execute a relinquishment deed in your favour in connection with the share of property and thereafter you can make the property to be devolved upon yourself alone.

Now if you want gift deed from from your father and sister then first they have tall of you has to  steps of your mother's share and then only they can gift away their respective share , but that is like they can cancel the gift anytime later.

The first two options are only best recomanded.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register