Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Bansal (Other)     22 June 2021

Procedure to fell or transfer a tree from property in delhi

Hello

In New Delhi (under South Delhi Municipal Corporation) ,

I have purchases a property having very old construction, which i intent to dismantle and bring new construction.

Just & very close to the front on the house (but not within in property premise), there is a tree which falls in municipality area.

initially, i was ok with the tree, but now the construction site engineer informs me that tree's root has got deep & effecting the foundation building of the house.

I thereby intent to either fell or transfer from there.

I want to know the procedures for this, and which relevant laws, rules, bye-laws may apply.

i have been informed that it is a costly business to disturb the tree otherwise

Kind Regards

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 June 2021

If your engineer or Architect fails to inform you the laid down law, file on line RTI Application with fee of Rs.10/- to the concerned Corporation/Development authority that maintains the road  and seek information as follows:

Subject:  A huge tree on the road has spread it's roots to the purchased premises, making it difficult for foundation for construction as per approval No...................for old assessment No....................situated at.................................full address)

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the copy of orders/notification/circular/earlier precedents on laid down rules for removing the tree as the personal property of a citizen is affected due to its roots.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 June 2021

You may follow the steps as suggested by expert Mr. Prasad above and you can proceed after obtaining the relevant information through RTI act.

However before that you may approach the concerned Municipal office or the local civic body with an enquiry about the details to proceed with your proposal to rebuild your house property after demolition in this situation 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register