LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shobhit Chandra (ca student)     03 February 2013

Problem in love marriage

friends...... the problem is tht i meet wit a girl on facebook....we beccome friends....finally after 2 yr of friendship...we fall in lov with her at present we knw each other from last 4 years....2 years of being commited.....we wants to marry with each other.....we both are major 22 years old....still our relation is not disclosed in her family but my family knw about my relation and they r agree ....but the problem is that i am from an OBC cast...& She Is AGRAWAL...( well known general cast ).. i m in a fear from last 2 years there parents can become ready for me after knowwing my cast......we both cant live without each other.....thts y i wana knw ur suggessions what wen ca do if her parents will disagree for marriage....we dont wana ran away from there this situation can b arise any time thts y i wana knw in advance the rights which works in favour of lovers who wana marry...

2...what we can do if we became aware of that her parents are planning to kill me or her daughter...

3....can her parents take any action against me to get rid of me...

4....any other advises which u wana give to us ....we cant live without each other ...wana spend life with each other at any cost......................


 5 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     03 February 2013

you could do registered marriage. for this you would be required to have 2 witness each from bride and groom side.

for this you need not run away from the house. but remember marriage is a long term commitment and you both should be prepared for it before going ahead with it.


As far as threat to the life of your and your lover is concerned. you can file an NC with the Local Police station only after getting married. since the police will call parents and family membersof the girl  in the police station to warn them from doing any such acts against you or your lover.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia




V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     03 February 2013

Don't hurt her parents feelings. 


who knows tomorrow she may  hurt your felings too??


pyar aur kanoon dono andhe hote hai...suna hai kabhi....? Ye attraction hai, love nahi...! Dil se jyada dimag ki suno...!

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     04 February 2013



I feel this is not a LEGAL query but more of a personal matter.


Anyhow. I feel there is nothing worry as you are major and both Hindus. You can marry her anytime you want. You can go for Court Marriage or even perform marriage as per rituals with help of your friends.


Regarding you fearing to be killed by her parents, you have to analyze the situation with circumspection. If you do something stupid, you may loose all chances (if any) in front of her parents. I advice let the girl first talk to her parents and see their reaction. If not acceptabel to you two then depending on situation you can decide what to do next.





Waseemuddin Khan (xxxxxxxx)     13 February 2013

I support Advocate Shroff. He is right. Tell her it is not possible. You would always have tensions around you. You have not seen the true facts of life yet. My dear, forget her and, leave on her own.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query