LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharma ji   20 March 2024

Priority register for transfer

Sir, i am working in railway department. I applied for own request transfer. After that i submit an resignation letter and one year my resignation was not accepted. When i rejoin the office i was informed that my priority number is deleated due to resignation. 

Can they delete my priority if resignation is not accepted. During my absence they transfer some person. Now they ask me to submit fresh priority. 

Whether my prior priority continue or i need to submit fresh priority

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2024

If you are not satisfied with their oral reply you may make a representation in writing to the competent authority directly through proper channel venting out your grievances and seek his intervention and relief to your problems. 

sharma ji   22 March 2024

Whether priority can be deleted if resignation not accepted as per rule

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2024

Since you have already tendered resignation and if the rule states that upon resignation the seniority will come down, then the law will prevail.

sharma ji   23 March 2024

But resignation is not accepted. 

That period is considered as leave without pay

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2024

It is but natural that the period of absence or leave without salary may be considered as dies non hence the promotion senioryt list would be amended accordingly deducting the period of dies non from the quealfying service for the ensuing promotion

First of all please clarify whether you have taken any legal action on the issue, if not what prevented you from initiating legal action because it affects your future career. 

You are entitled to certain rights as per law and the regulations, which cannot be left to be decided to the whims of some crooked people sitting as officer over you. 

You can consult a prudent and experienced service law practising advocate and take his opinion in person on all such further issues 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register