Powers with gram panchayat in maharashtra

I came across few properties where construction permission is granted by town planning and later occupancy certificate issued by gram panchayat. In municipal area whovehoever gives construction permission provides completion and occupancy. So please clarify whether gram panchayat have such powers to provide occupancy and completion certificate in those area where plan approved by ADTP.
Retired employee.

In some states to circumvent the law, when some villages are annexed to such Municipality/Corporations, some village officers resort to issue such occupancy certificates and in most of the cases it may not be valid.   The proper course is known to you.  File RTI Application to Municipality and seek such information about the validity of such OCs issued by GP when permissions are granted by TPO.



Whether Maharashtra villages have panchayat(s) or municipality who are empowered to function as town and country planning and issue completion / other certificate(s) ?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x