Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Agr (fighter)     04 December 2015

Power of attorney to father

Dear Experts - I filed a case in GWA act for custody under section 25 and 7. I stay in karnataka and my father submitted it in Kolkata west bengal. Now I want to give my father power of attorney to help me in all operational things as I will only be present in key dates. 

My query is can I make a POA on Rs 150 non judicial stamp paper in karnataka and sign it and send to my father who can submit it in Kolkata court. Will it be accepted? Please let me know


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 December 2015

power of attorney is a document that allows you to appoint a person or organization to handle your affairs while you're unavailable or unable to do so. The person or organization you appoint is referred to as an "Attorney-in-Fact" or "Agent.".So you can appoint your father as an Attorney.

Rakesh Agr (fighter)     05 December 2015

Thank you for the answer. But my question was can I make a power of attorney in karnataka/maharashtra and submit in a court of west bengal or any other state? Will it be accepted?


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads