IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sneha chavan   26 June 2018

Power of attorney re immovable property: registration?

My grandmother is 84 years of age. She wants to give the power of attorney re all the legal, property related procedures to me.

POA  regarding Sale of immovable property: Is SPECIAL POA compulsary in such case ? Or it can be included in general POA/ 

Is registration compulsary in Maharashtra even if its blood relative.  What are the charges for registration and stamp dity as per the latest law? 

Property is in Mumbai jurisdiction. Can i register the POA in Thane Jurisdiction if Applicant and attonery currently reside here? 




 7 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     26 June 2018

POA to be be registered where the executant resides. Registration is compulsory for sale power is given.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2018

For charges/fee/duty etc inquire locally.

It is state subject.

To sell the immovable property..regsiter the Power.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     01 March 2019

1.  "Irrevocable" POA for Sale /Gift /Transfer /Mortgage /whatever, specifically for "immovable property" must be stamp duty paid (500/-) and duly registered (1000/-), before the local office of Registrar of Sub-Assurances, anywhere in India.

2.  The above is compulsory, irrespective of any blood relation /whosoever.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

K K Sharma (home)     31 March 2019

I have a flat in Pune and want to execute rent agreement with the tenant,  but now I am in USA.  Can I give PoA to my mother in india authorising her to execute rent agreement on my behalf.  kindly send the format.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     02 April 2019

Originally posted by : K K Sharma
kindly send the format.

1.  POA can be given to Mother, to execute Rental /Lease agreement.

2. IF professionals lawyers indulge in "FREE" services, like giving out Advises, detailed Answers, Opinions, DRAFT of Deeds, MOU, Agreements, Petitions,  THEN they will have to sit outside a Temple /Masjid /Church /Railway station, for their own livelihood.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com


Gurudath Kini   20 April 2019


A company has executed a registered GPA in its own favour from the agriculturist and taken over the possession of land for industrial activities for Lease of 30 years. but it has not taken the permission under section 109 and conversion is not yet done. Is it a violation of land reform laws in the Karnataka state.

1. Whether the GPA in favour of company for lease of 30 years without the DC permission u/s109 is tenable

2. Whether the registered GPA with possession of agricultural land for leasing 30 years is violation of Karnataka Land reform law. 




Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 April 2019

1.  Using Agricultural Land for ANY commercial activities is a prosecutable offence and further the Agricultural land being liable for confisication, by the district collector office.

2.  Executing GPA is vastly different and can be done and is NOT connected with doing commercial activities.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query