Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soumil Kakkar   28 September 2021

Power of attorney nri (husband) to nri (wife)


I want to provide power of attorney to my wife for my mortgaged property in India. We both are Non Residential Indians living together abroad. I have following questions:

1. Is this possible for a mortgaged property?
2. Can we do this when we both are in India next time? If yes, do we still need to attest the power of attorney through consulate services abroad?
3. Can we do this when we both are abroad? If yes, how? 
4. What is the procedure? 

 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     28 September 2021

What sort of authority do you intend to grant to your wife through PoA ? PoA can be attested in the country where you are residing which is to be authenticated by area SDM where property is located. For procedure and other questions consult a local lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 September 2021

Yes, PoA can be executed while on visit to India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query