LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subbarao (othere)     10 July 2024

Power of attorney for property

My father is 82 years old, and we are residing in Hyderabad. We have a property in Kakinada and are planning to sell it. My father is suffering from cancer and wants to give Power of Attorney for the property to my mother.

 My query is: can we register the Power of Attorney in Hyderabad, or do we have to register it in Kakinada?

Please advice us



 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2024

The registration should be done in the sub-registrar office where the property is situated. so register In Kakinada city. Both the parties need to visit the office or else take help from department officials. they will provide at their residences. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 July 2024

The power of ttorney deed can be registered in the place where the principal and power agent resides.

Your father can execute the POA deed in favor of your mother at Hyderabad itself even though the property is situated in Kakinada


Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 July 2024

Power of attorney  can be executed and registered at the place where principal resides permanently or temporarily. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 July 2024

Your father is residing in Hyderabad, the POA can be registered there. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register