Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARUNI SHUKLA (Engineer)     13 December 2011

Poor services of irctc website and indian rail reservations

Hello My Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum and wanted to share some of the bad experiences and wanted a suggestions from you people, which may bring some good outcomes for all of us.

I wanted to discuss the poor performance of the Irctc Website and the Rail Reservation arrangements.

I am out of my home town since 9 years and whenever I had to travel by train or plan my journey through train i have never found a confirm reservation no matter how much time I have spoiled in the queu. later when the rail reservation was intraduced to web the sitiuation remain the same. During the opening time of the rail reservation I was never able to log in and was never able to make a confirm reservation.

But at the same time if I ask any other person who claim himself as a broker, he will be able to make that reservation either from window or on web and take Rs.200-300 for per person on the ticket(apart from tatkal and reservation charges).

I am really very confused and fed up of these things and wanted suggestions so as to take a step forward to improve this and teach a lessons to those people who claim themselves as a broker or an agant of railways and take money from us for no sense.

I would also appreciate if someone can help me in this.

Regards

ARUNI SHUKLA

Learning

2 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     13 December 2011

I too agree with you Shuklaji. Though I am not a frequent trveller, I do face a smiliar problem. Even though I login the site of Irctc in off seasons, also there are waiting lists only.  This time I had to wait till the diparture day and my tickets were confirmed inside the running train by TC and he told me that he got the chart very late from the office. Even my return journey ticket were confiremed one day in advance to my great relief. But I had made up my mind that I will book well in advance and wait no matter what happens. I think there are many bogus bookings which are not genuine travellers just to creat panic so that an ordinary man will get diverted to crooks. I also adopted policy to choose class and day with minimum waiting lists and some times I also booked tickets for more than one train for the same destination. However, it becomes headache to do all jugling acts in which these agents are expert. There were news inbetween that the railway has taken some actions to break the nexus between the staff and the agents, but til date the situation has not improved. I do agree that people should come forward with suggestions.

Pranshu pandey (student)     18 December 2011

arunima g u have to take some pain if u want these culprits punished, i was also like u frustrated with corruption but raise voice went to vigilance director railway, and got 6 personnel suspended reprimanded till date. please at lest try once,in this way u will be helping a lot of helpless people. even then if u find any problem in india in railways mail incident to me at cspranshu@gmail.com. i promise u will not find that person able to do wrong again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register