New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   16 September 2023

Police not registering FIR due to corruption?

There's Nexus of Police and Rouge developers resulting in explicit murder threats and deliberate delays and harassment to tenants protected under Maharashtra Rent Control Act.

Even Grievances registered on GoI portal didn't provide any relief.

Have spent huge amount on litigation and financially and health wise fully exhausted.

What next? Can FIR be registered on e dakhil by such persons?


 6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2023

give application to ilawa magistrae.

Sidhhi   16 September 2023

What's ilawa ? online platform by government or private? Thanks

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2023

Since the police is not rtaking any action on your complaint you may approach jurisdictional magistrate court with an application under section 156(3) cr.p.c. seking direction to concerned police to iniitiate legal action on your complaiont and register FIR if necssary.

1 Like

Sidhhi   18 September 2023

Adv Kailaiselven, Thanks but victim doesn't have financial resources and so wanted to know if any authority is approachable in such cases without any counsel. Please guide.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2023

The affected person can file the petition before the jurisdictional magistrate court as a party in person too, the court will certainly entertain the petition if it is meeting the requisite ingredients towards the maintainability of the complaint

Declyn Gomes   02 October 2023

Dear Sir,

If the police are not willing to register the FIR, then you may file a petition under section 156 (3) read with Section 200 CrPC seeking a direction from the Magistrate Court to the jurisdictional polic to register the said FIR and begin their investigation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register