LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinayak   14 September 2020

Police missing complaint

My father has filed a missing complaint against me on 2nd Sept. [in Jaipur] while I am not missing. I have separated from my wife from last one and half years and living in delhi while my wife is still living with my parent at my home in Jaipur. My marriage took place in jaipur 7 years ago and I also have a child of 5 years. I left my wife 1.5 years ago and started to live in delhi in a boys hostel. I provided my address and my parents and in-laws came several times there and met me for discussing issues between me and my wife. I always refused to stay with her and just want to stay separate with her but they always insisted to bring me back. I also talked several time over phone with my parents and in-laws. These kind of meeting and phone  continued for 1 year then I fed up and asked them not to come here as I don’t want to meet and discuss it anymore. I changed my address in delhi and didn’t provide them my new boys hostel address so that they couldn’t bring me back forcefully without my consent. I kept talking to my parents but stopped taking phone calls of in-laws. My in-laws started to force my parents, blame and pressurize them because I was talking to my parents but not to them. As they don’t know where I live know so they pressurized my parents to file a missing complaint so that they could bring me home while I don’t want to go back. I am not missing at all because I am still talking to my parents, brothers and sisters every 2-3 days. I don’t want to go back because once I reach there my family and in-laws won’t let me go to another city again and they will force me to live with her whether I am happy or not.

I have talked my parents and asked them to take their complaint back but they didn’t agree as they are under pressure and also wants me back.

If police calls me or comes to my address after finding my location then I can tell them same thing that I am living alone with my wish [neither kidnapped nor missing] AND I don’t want to go back.

Will police still force / arrest me and bring me back to my home even if I don’t want to go back ? Will they bring me back just because a complaint has been filed and won’t listen whether I want to go back or not?

How does police work in missing cases ? Will police call me first or they will find my location and come to my address ? I will prefer if police calls first and doesn’t come here to my address because hostel owner is  a nice old reputed person and lives on ground floor with his family. It will hurt his reputation if police arrives here.

Is there a way by which I can avoid police arrest or arrival at my address? Will they don’t bring me back to home if I offer them some money in exchange?

Please reply.




 4 Replies

chandu shekar   14 September 2020

mr. vinayak i have gone through your case , accroding to me your are behave a very smort guy...2)really if you have not intrested your matrimonial life you go for divorce , then why should you behave like this kind of attude . 3) just you think about your wife how much she is suffrening i the society , and you theink that your child how much missing you ...4)lifeis very short ... your wife also a human being she is having all kind of diseres ... like others ... if you are really want sepaerat from your wife you and approche legally , but this s not to way.... i.e absconding from the family is not way ... please once you discuss your parents and in laws express ypur views ,,, all the pain and gains ... then you the solutions of this problem...otherwis ryou are the liable to answer in the hounarble court... all the best ... BK. CHANDRA SHEKAR , ADVOCATE , HIGHCOURT, TELANGANA

vikas (WG CDR)     15 September 2020

It is always better to go for a divorce if you don't intend to stay with ur wife. Even she deserves to live a happy life. Also think of ur child. The child becomes ur legal liability. I think u do not want a divorce in which case u have to give alimony to her. In this way u are committing a crime by denying her conjugal rights and monetary support. She can also file a complaint against u. If you want to stay away from all the legalities it is always better to file for a divorce and live peacefully. It will be a best solution for you my friend.
1 Like

Shashwat Shukla (Advocate)     18 September 2020


File divorce petition and settle your dispute amicably with your spouse because it's your responsibility to maintain her along with your child. Don't waste time and money for adopting illegal process rest my brothers already informed you.

It's my suggestion.

1 Like

Sharath K   19 September 2020

go to home

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register