I request you all to read the below info and provide your valuable answers. Thanks in advance.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner M.V Krihna Rao in 2002 sent a memo to all police stations in Andhra Pradesh saying "arrest of any accused in 498A case shall be effected only after obtaining the written permission from D.C.P" (And also in 2008 Director General of Police K.V Ramana Murthy in 2008 also sent similar memo to all police stations in AP).
I have few questions on above statements:
1) Is the above statement is still valid in all areas of Andhra Pradesh or this is applicable only for Hyderabad police stations?
2) I was arrested in May 2003 on 498A FIR without any investigation. Can I file any case against that Circle Inspector who arrested me without investigation?
3) I heard that, after arresting any person, police should not put him in police station for more than 24 hours (even if it is holiday for court).
I was behind bars in police station from Friday evening to Monday after noon and CI didn't take me to court as we were expecting my wife comes and withdraw the FIR. As expected she withdrew the FIR.
But is it correct to keep me in station for 3 days without taking me to the court or to the judge home (if it is holiday to the court)? Can I file any case against circle inspector?
4) My Sister and Brother-in-law names mentioned in FIR initially but later their names were removed from FIR. But CI kept my brother-in-law in police station (not behind bars) from Friday evening till Saturday morning. This was recorded in police station book also.
My question is...if my brother-in-law name is not there in FIR then is it not an offense to keep him in station for the whole night?
5) Can I or my jiju file any case against this?