Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Police kept me @ station for 3days by not taking me to court

Page no : 2

Reformist !!! (Other)     21 October 2013

Hi Sonu,

i remember there was a judgment from Mumbai HC where police was fined 5 lakh rupees for illegal detention of accused in police station.

Pls google that judgement..........u shud file a case against Police..........but before that ask for your case file in RTI.......Better file 7-8 RTI's in small duration and let police reply u, then c the results.

Sonu (Software Engineer)     22 October 2013

Hi 498weddinggift,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you said. But why to file 7-8 RTIs? Just want to understand.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     22 October 2013

Originally posted by : Sonu

Hi Ashok,

Is it a court holiday on Second Saturdays?

If police arrest anybody on Second Saturday then they should produce the arrested person in front of the judge at judge's home with in 24 hours of arrest or not?

@sonu as noted earler by me second saturday is court holiday. crpc57 and 167 does talk about production before magistrate within 24 hrs but I don't think this includes court holidays. Lawyers here are requested to confirm or contradict it.

regards ASHOK

Reformist !!! (Other)     22 October 2013

Buddy,

Ask for CrPC 41 amendment circular of ur state via RTI.

Then ask for circular on 498a which was issued to the state by MHA and DGP must have issued it to SSPs of the areas. File this RTI to SSP of ur area.

Then wait till the above answers come.

After this, file another RTI asking for arrest memo and reason for arrest, ask for DCP orders for arrest and if no reply then file a writ in HC and then c the results.

I hope i am clear :)

Sonu (Software Engineer)     23 October 2013

Hi 498weddinggift,

Thanks for your valuable info.
Today I spent around 4 hours on the internet to find out "Address to whom to send RTI application?", "Who is the PIO/APIO to get info on my arrest?".

Even after spending 4 hours I didn't get find answers to my above questions?

Could you please let me know the address to whom I can send RTI application to know about the information on my arrest which was happened in Guntur police station, Andhra Pradesh?

Thanks in advance.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2013

search website of the deptt.

Reformist !!! (Other)     23 October 2013

1st, as ur case is in AP, u can chek your case status at https://apstatepolice.org/APPW/jsp/csAction.do?method=loadCaseStatusPage

2ndly, file RTI to SSP of ur District. Like this

SSP, xxxx 

Distt- xxxxx

Application under RTI Act.

Respecter Sir,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register