LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Police had said that chargesheet filed in court

IO said that he filed Charge sheet in court , but we havent received any summons so far. I have enquired then they said it will take time. 


Could any one tell me what is the process from here. Once police had submitted Chargesheet to court what happens? anything we can do to fasttrack the process?


I am waiting to file quash for my parents.



 9 Replies

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     26 June 2014

once charge sheet had submitted by the police in the concern court then the chagesheet will be given a number by the clerk of the court, he put files before the court for issuing summons according to their sequence / numbers , your file can take time because before your file too many files are waiting for their turn .

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2014

 More Facts Needed

File a RTI application to police station to get Charsheet copy and ask all details you need in RTI applicat

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     26 June 2014

Dear Friend,

Please apply RTI as said.

Please also apply to the court for 2-3 Certified copies of

a) FIR
b) Final Charge sheet
c) Seizure List

And a simple copy of case diary.

Appear in-person(Without Advocate) in High Court and file a case against the State for Speedy Trial.

All sample petitions of Speedy Trial, RTI, Citations and other clues are available on the link bellow: -

Good Luck!


Once i receive summons will i have enough time to file quash the chargesheet

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     26 June 2014

You can file qushing any time once you have Certified Copy of : -


a) FIR
b) Final Charge sheet
c) Seizure List


But it is advisable that file Speedy Trial first else the case will go for life long. Even after your life :-)

rajendra (na)     26 June 2014

Once the charge sheet is flled in court and CC number will be assigned(this may take sometimes depends)

Then court will issue summons to all the accused.

to go for charge sheet quash you need FIR+ CHARGE SHEET certified copies

you can file charge sheet till the trial..

You can check the your case details online from the below website



Take the below case..charge sheet filed in court 18-6-2014 and CC number assigned in 20-62014..

First Hearing Date in court 9th July 2014(Now court will issue summons atleat 1 week prior tot he hearing)...

Case Type CC
Filing No. 100242/2014     Filing date: 18-06-2014
Registration No. 100242/2014     Registration date: 20-06-2014
Case code 202101002422014
First Hearing Date 09-07-2014
Next Hearing Date 09-07-2014
Court No & Judge 2 - I Additional Junior Civil Judge
Petitioner(s) & Advocate(s)
Petitioner - S.H.O. Women P.S.
Address - Women P.S. Kadapa.
Advocate - 
Respondent(s) & Advocate(s)
Respondent - Manubolu Chandra Sekhar
Address - Kothanaggiri Mchireddigaripalli T. Sundupalli Y.S.R. District. A.1
Advocate - 

Extra parties

2) Respondent - Manubolu Rajamma
Address - Kothanaggiri Mchireddigaripalli T. Sundupalli Y.S.R. District. A.2
Advocate -
Under Section(s) U/sec. 498-A, 324 I.P.C. Sec. 3 and 4 D.P. Act.,
Court No & Name ---
Case No & Year ---
Case Decision Date ---
Police Station Women Police Station, Kadapa
FIR No. 114 Year 2013


History Of Case Hearing
Regn. No. Judge  Bussiness on Date Hearing Date Purpose of Hearing
100242/2014 JFCM for Spl. Mobile Court   09-07-2014 APPEARANCE OF ACCUSED


Writ Information
Regn. No. Appellate Case No. Appellate Authority Date of Receipt


Case Transfer Details Between The Courts
Regn. No. Transfer Date From Court No 
& Judge
To Court No 
& Judge

1 Like


How to know the Filing to get it from court. Is there any procedure to know

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     02 July 2014

You can asked any junior lawyer to get the certified copies. There is a process to file a petition in record section for certified copies of FIR, Charge sheet and Seizure Lists. If you file that petition then they will give you a docket number.


Second option is RTI.

rajendra (na)     02 July 2014

if u can give me the details i will try to get...send me the message

ur full name:

which police station case registered:police station name,town,district

FIR number:

Which state case registered:


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query