LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aman   24 October 2021

Police background verification

some days earlier, I was caught by traffic police they challaned me for helmet and Section 184 of MVA ,Then they directed me to pay fine online. I paid the fine and they provided me compound slip. They also left my vehicle and documents
In the slip it was written that I was compounded under 200 section of MVA act 1988
Now I am in deep confusion , will it cause problem in document verification of government jobs like CDS, PCS or passport verification and MNC background checks .
There are some questions in attenstation form
Have you ever prosecuted
Have you ever fined by court of law
Have you ever convicted

I have some doubts , Is compounding and fine both are same . Will this act of mine a crime and recorded for verification
Is compounding means conviction ?
Was I prosecuted ?
Is the compounding fee of traffic police and fine by court of law same ?
Till how many days can I file a case to quash this after I paid compounding fee.

And most important what should I fill in attenstation form

Please tell me it will be very helpful and pathfinding for me ....sir please
I know u r busy ...but please sir help me with this

Learning

3 Replies

Anusha Singh   25 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the challan and whether it will affect your career.

A traffic chalan is a minor offence and will ordinarily be ignored. But if there was rash and negligent driving causing grievous injury, the matter becomes a note-worthy offence and may figure in the Police Report sent through the DM’s office. Unless the circumstances of the case are explained and condoned by the court and ends in warning, etc. Such history can affect your career.

These are very petty offences so this will not affect your career in any way. As soon as you pay the fine the matter end then and there.

You were not prosecuted or convicted and you do not need to go for quashing of compounding fees.

Though being a respectful citizen of India, you should follow all the law and rules.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Anusha Singh

Aman   25 October 2021

Thanks mam for your valuable opinion, since I was fined onspot and and payed the compounding fee online .

Will I have to mention about this in any government exams form  or MNCs for placement 

If I won't mention it , Will this considered as concealment of facts and will be debarred from service 

Please clear my doubt as I am in deep confusion and opinion of experts is needed and will be appreciated...

Please 

Anusha Singh   25 October 2021

Like I've mentioned before it is a petty offence and it will not affect your career as paying challan/fine does not make you a criminal. 

Probably the employer will ask you if you were ever convicted or any kind of FIR was registered against you which is something serious. 

No such thing has happened in your case. This will not affect your career in any way. 

Regards, 

Anusha Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register