Hi,
I was an employee with a small proprietary organization for last 2.5yrs.
My boss treated me well for my hard work and have given me good pay appraisals and treated me as one of the senior member (where in the other senior employees are more experience than me in the field)
On seeing my commitment level I was given larger and complicated tasks & projects. As I lag in seniority the support I get from my co-employees where very minimal. In other words I was not capable to take help from seniors
For the last 5 months there were more and more requirements of me to travel and undergo prolonged work to manage the tasks & projects all alone.
Because of which I was not able to concentrate on my rest of the life and was on continuous pressure. Though I have explained my situations multiple times and asked for help. There was zero support back from office.
It was a helpless situation for me as well as for my boss, as only me knowing the status, can do all deliverables for the Projects that I handled.
Last month my kid was hospitalized for dengue fever / I have accidently cut my fingers with all these situations I was not able to take care of my personal life. I was pulled to work continuously and was on frequent travel.
So I informed boss that I need atleast a week brake.
14th Myself & boss travelled out of city (the travel was arranged & booked by my office) – I have the air travel tickets
I went to office last on 15th Sep as a regular routine and was on usual works.
As informed. I was on leave from (17th Sep to 21st Sep)
All these days I was continuously contacted on phone / email for which I was replying till 21st September. And missed few of the calls, as I was on leave.
Even when I was on leave there is no one to take the responsibility to subordinate.
There was an email from a reputed client on 20th Sep for which I was asked to respond. I have shared the required information on mail to another senior staff on 21st and asked him to respond as I was on leave.
Without knowing it boss asked me to respond (and he was stating that I am behaving unprofessional and immature manners)
At the given situation. I responded him on email on 25th Sep that I need to extend my leave for a week more & will not be in-reach by mobile & emails. And also was not- interested to continue my services for the company. So let me know the procedure to get relieved by handing over the Laptop & mobile back to the company.
My Official Email was terminated on 26th Sep.
As a next step I wanted to start small scale practice of my won. So I was getting ready for the same and was getting in touch with other fellows in the same field for guidance & support.
Met one of my boss existing client on Oct 1st for a discussion and his support on the same. – I have email exchanges (from my networking ID) that I wanted to meet him for his future requirements and he has shared his interests as a reply.
On 5th October early morning Cobs came to my house and arrested me against an FIR filed against me by the company the previous evening - Stating that I have deserted the company on 15th September & have stolen the companies valuable datas, laptop & mobile. Under IPC 381.
The cobs taken the mobile phone / laptop from me from my home
Along with which my personal laptop was also taken to the police station (the datas in it where erased and given back to my father later that evening)
The parents & friends where threatened saying that they will book me under further sections of Information act / creating damage to the company etc…. if I / we are not co-operating with them.
The boss was at the police station for the complete day. And has appointed his known Advocate to take up my case and assured my father that he will get me relieved from the case if I assure them unconditional support & help them on their current project.
I was on remand for a week & was released on Bail.
My father being a diabetic /BP patient and at his 66th age can do nothing other than co-operating with my boss to bring me out of jail.
Though I am an professional at my fields all these (Court / Jail / bail / Cobs) are all new and unknown till date.
I have been paid 8 to 9 lakhs per annum (why should be I interested in a laptop worth 20thousand / mobile worth 8 thousand)
The complaint states that I have stolen the laptop / mobile on 15th Sep but till 21st sep boss was on official email communication with me through the same mobile & laptop.
The datas that we handle are not copy write protected and can be easily reproduced and also can not cause any damage to the company if taken with me. And are of no use to me.
Since they felt I am be a potential treat for their company if I start my own practise / they wanted the rest of the employees not to leave the organization like me. My 100% absents may make them to lose their current clients. Have made them to get into all these extreme steps. – is what is my assumptions
I am in a blind situation of how to fight a case against a boss! . I have a small kid and a wife who is a cardiomyopathy patient.
PLZ advise …………..
