Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Singh   20 September 2021

Plot property buying

Hi,

I am from Jaipur and i am going to buy JDA Plot 240 sq mtr in resale.

My seller Mr. Ravi purchased JDA plot from his Daughter name before 10 years

but daughter passes away after some years. But Plot title is in name of Mr. Ravi.Actually i am confused with legal terms like as 

1.In case of daughter was married,  can died daughter's husband can claim ownership ?

2. In case of daughter was unmarried, can family member like mother, brother, other sister can claim ownership ?

Should i buy this plot or not ? Plz suggest with expalnation of above (1) & (2) points...

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 September 2021

Answer to both the questions is affirmative, her husband and children have right in the intestate property left behind by deceased married woman. Similarly property of unmarried woman shall devolve upon her parents and other siblings. Both of your questions have bearing on the decision to buy or not depending upon facts whether the titleholder (woman) was married or unmarried.

Kuldeep Singh   21 September 2021

Sir, is there any role of Relinquishment deed/ Release Deed from seller side ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 September 2021

"1.In case of daughter was married, can died daughter's husband can claim ownership ? 2. In case of daughter was unmarried, can family member like mother, brother, other sister can claim ownership ? " If this is a realtime query, why the questions in the alternative? Your subsequent question renders the query a riddle.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 September 2021

Relinquishment / Release deed has no role in selling the property except transfer of share in the title, which is altogether different from earlier query/ facts. Be clear and specific

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register