Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smiley (not working)     15 September 2011

Please suggest me

Hello eveyone,

I am khushi.I got married in 2008, stayed together for just 4 months, then my husband left me in US and came to india.I was made to stay alone in US without  any form of support.Later I came to India in 2010.Since my marriage we were staying separate due to problems .After coming to India , i went to their house, his mother threatened me to take divorce.So unable to bear other problems too, I came back to my parents house.When i wanted to go for divorce, his parents came to my housed and pleaded me not go go for divorce, so i wanted to give them a chance.And now the same problems started again.me and my husband were having very minimal communication all these years.Even if i mail or call him , he never used to respond.Now I want to file for divorce, and his parents are doing the same thing again.But I dont wanna change my mind.The thing is they r not agreeing for mutual divorce.So wat can I do in  this situation.the guy is in US.My whole jewellery is with them.Kindly guide me regarding this.I want to go for divorce, but my husband is not at all responsive .If i file for divorce, how long its going to take?

Thanks

Learning

16 Replies

Amit (General Manager)     15 September 2011

Contested divorce can run for years.

Better go for mutual divorce.

It would minimize the time as well as harassment.

smiley (not working)     15 September 2011

Thanks for the reply.But can I do in the situation if he doesnt agree for mutual divorce?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     15 September 2011

1.  File Divorce case.   If he does not appear, you will get ex-parte case.  Otherwise also, on proper grounds, you can win contested divorce case.

2.  File DV case also to retrieve stridhan from him.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 September 2011

Hmmmmmmm,

Again the same query earliest possible divorce, can not guarantee.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Amit (General Manager)     16 September 2011

@Adv Chandu,

1) What if he appears & says he don't want divorce?

2) DV case -- on what ground?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     16 September 2011

@Amit,

I think it is smiley's querry.  If she has got such doubts, she can certainly ask me.  If you have got your own querry independent of intervening querries from others' querries, you can ask me. 

smiley (not working)     16 September 2011

@ chandu, I am having the same query.So can u please explain.I dont want the divorce case to drag on for years and years.So plz suggest me

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 September 2011

U meet your husband alone or call him and tell him about your final answer and thenafter he has not agree with u, u file a divorce case.  

gaury..fight to win (Education)     16 September 2011

@Smiley

Divorce if contested then would take minimum 2/3 years.  DV case  to retrieve your stridhan from him.

smiley (not working)     16 September 2011

My husband is in US and me in india. even when i talk to him , he is not at all responsive.Can anyone tell me wat is ex-party divorce.can that happen in india

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 September 2011

ex-parte means when he doesnot appear despite summoning.

Even that is time consuming.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     15 November 2011

Smiley, one tyr to call him, if u r right in your case he is compromise with u just try.  u try to call / e-mail / chat / fax many option as u like and try first,

Best of Luck. 

Aishwarya (Teacher)     15 November 2011

try to strike a convo somehow..make him understand the pros of peaceful settlement of issues even if it culminates into a divorce it should be peaceful..

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Aishwarya
"
try to strike a convo somehow..make him understand the pros of peaceful settlement of issues even if it culminates into a divorce it should be peaceful..
"

how cum divorce be peaceful after getting shattered?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register